Students are informed to follow the Campus Rules and code of conduct for students hosted in the college website.
- Ragging is totally prohibited in the campus. If any student is found indulge in ragging, severe action will be taken against them.
- Based on the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India‘s Direction, the UGC has issued Regulations and Guide lines. Some of the guidelines are as under:
- The UGC Regulations on “What Constitutes Ragging” is given in Annexure –I
- The UGC Guidelines on the award of punishment to those found guilty are also given in the Annexure II.
- As per the Campus Rules and Code of Conduct for students the Minor and Major Penalty that may be imposed on the student has also been given in the Annexure-III for information of the students.
- As per the guidelines the college should obtain undertaking from the students as well as from parents that the students will not indulge in any form of ragging. Format of the undertaking is attached in annexure IV& V.All the students should submit the undertaking signed by them as well as their parents to the concerned HOD on or before 00/00/0000 without fail.
The Anti-ragging squads for the college and the hostels will make round the clock surprise visits. All the senior students are once again instructed not to indulge in any form of ragging. Collection of money forcefully from the fresher’s will also be considered as a form of ragging. In case of any trace of ragging by the students, severe punishment will be imposed.
In this connection, all Heads of Departments are instructed to bring the above Rules and regulations to the notice of senior students for prevention and prohibition of ragging in this college. The circular and the annexure are to be displayed in the Departmental Notice Board for reference of the students. A copy of the circular along with annexure I to V may be issued to each student.
Annexure – I
What Constitutes Ragging : Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- Indulging in rowdy or in disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students .
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse , homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student
- Any act that affects the mental health and self- confidence of a fresher or any other student
- With or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Administrative action in the event of ragging
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- With holding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or International meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period
The following are the penalties that may be imposed on a student.
- Oral/Written Warning
- Suspension form the class for a week
- Suspending from class for one month/semester.
- Prevention from appearing University Exams.
- Prevention form T& P facilities.
- Suspension from Hostel
- Rustication from college.