National Cadet Corps (NCC)
The NCC is the largest uniformed youth organization. The NCC in India was formed the National Cadet Corps Act of 1948. NCC is a Tri-Service Organization, comprising Army, Navy and Air wing. The NCC provides opportunities to the youth of the country for their all-round development with a sense of duty and discipline, commitment, dedication and moral values, so that they become able leaders and useful citizens.
MOTTO OF NCC: “UNITY AND DISCIPLINE”
- To develop qualities of Character, Courage, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure and the ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
- To create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, to Provide Leadership in all walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Force.
- "WE THE CADET OF THE NATIONAL CADET CORPS, DO SOLOEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL ALWAYS UPHOLD THE UNITY OF INDIA. WE RESOLVE TO BE DISCIPLINED AND RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN OF OUR NATION. WE SHALL UNDERTAKE POSITIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SELFLESSNESS AND CONCERN FOR OUR FELLOW BEINGS."
National Cadet Corps at JCET
JCET college NCC unit is under 27 Kerala Battalion, Palakkad under Calicut group Headquarters was established in 2016. The allotted strength of this unit is 106 students and presently we have strength of 106 cadets (SD/SW- Senior Wing/Senior Wing). Mrs. Nisha Narayanan, Assistant professor, Department of EEE is leading the college NCC unit as care taker since 2019.
Beneficiaries to a Cadet:
- After completing the 3 year duration, Cadets will achieve ‘B’ & ‘C’ certificates.
- Opportunities to take part in various camps in state, national and international levels.
- Cadets can familiarize with defense forces and to seek prestigious jobs.
- Bonus marks will be awarded during the recruitment process to different uniform forces under both UPSC and KPSC.
- Prestigious job opportunities for ‘C’ certificate holders in pioneer private sectors also.
- Cadets can earn maximum of 80 activity points.
- Adventurous and interesting Trekking Programmes.
- Regular Drill provides physical fitness and better concentration.
- Lectures on various Topics.
- Cadets will get opportunities to serve the Society.
GROUP COMMANDER, BRIGADIER A Y RAJAN’s VISIT TO JCET
Group Commander, Brigadier A Y Rajan, Commanding Officer, Col. D R Ray and Administrative Officer, Col. V S Choudhary visited JCET campus on 16 th September 2020 as the part of inspection. They visited NCC room. Group Commander appreciated the Management, Principal, Care Taker and the cadets.
TREE PLANTATION PAKHWADA 2020
CLEANING AND PAINTING THE WALL
CONSTITUTION DAY CELEBRATION